Thursday, February 25, 2010

72 Hours and Counting!

So, it's 3 more days and the challenge is over. I have fully rocked this challenge and feeling great! I have a new feeling of full and my energy level is way more than I could have imagined. I have been going on my scale for the past 4 days and now it's saying 174!! My scale might still be wrong, but I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, so we'll see what that one says. I feel like I have lost weight. Monday morning I walked 1 mile. Wednesday, I rode the bike, towing Lorelai, 3 miles. And today, I pushed the stroller with Lorelai in it for 2 miles. And last week we had some nice days, so Lorelai and I went on bike rides every day for 4 days. I'm really trying to pump up the exercise. Now I have the energy for it!

People have been asking me what I'm going to do after this month. My plan seems confusing and weird, but it seems like it will work for me. I will be a vegetarian-ish. I will probably only eat meat on occasion and will not eat anything with cow's milk in it. If I do go to a party or somebody's house and there is meat and dairy, I won't be rude and refuse. It's just not in me. But at home, no more. If I eat eggs, it will be from a good source, like straight from a humane farm. And I'm still doing research on how humane Goat & Sheep Milk products are. I'll decide on it from there. I know, it sounds kinda complicated. Little to No Meat, and No Cow's Milk Products. Sweet and as simple as I can get it! Veggies, Fruit, Nuts & Seeds are my new food groups!

Monday and Tuesday, I did the semi-cleanse. Fresh fruits & veggies, no coffee and a semi-filling dinner. I just can't stand to go to bed hungry. On Wednesday, I broke it and went back to my normal Veganess. Just lightening up. I also discovered Muesli! It's a cereal with oats, barley, rice puffs, dates, raisins, dried apples and cinnamon. I have a small bowl with Hempmilk in the morning. It's very yummy. I don't know why I haven't found this stuff earlier. Lorelai loves it. But she prefers cow's milk. I gave her a sippy cup of hempmilk this morning and she started drinking it and I asked her if it was good, and Lorelai said, "It's Weird!" LOL! Too funny. But Ryan won't give up Cow's Milk either, so I still will have to buy it. No biggie, I don't miss it.

Weight: 174lbs
Breakfast: Muesli
Lunch: Leftover Pesto Gluten-Free Pasta with Tofu
Snack: Apple & Dried Cranberries
Dinner: Leftover Blanched Kale & Red Swiss Chard with Citrus Garlic Sauce, Basmati Rice with Carrots wrapped in a tortilla with peanut butter

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment