Monday, February 22, 2010

A Semi-Cleanse

This morning I started a new routine. My 2 year old alarm clock always goes off about 7:30am. I woke up not feeling very hungry (odd for me), so I had a cup of warm water with a slice of lemon. This aids in digestion and should be drunk first thing in the morning before breakfast. While I enjoyed my warm glass of lemon water, Lorelai had egg & toast. Then we did our stretches, loaded up my bundled kiddo in the stroller, and went for a 30min brisk walk around the block. I came back and felt great! So for breakfast I had a smoothie. I call it the best smoothie ever. It's a mix of strawberries (this time of year I get them frozen), a banana, 1 cup of Hempmilk & 1/2 cup of Nana's All Naturals Granola and a scoop of GreenFood Powder. It smells and looks weird, but it tastes great! For a snack, I had an apple. For lunch, a salad with Avocado, Green Onion, and Balsamic Dressing. For an afternoon snack, I had a cup of Tropical Green Tea and roasted Pumpkin & hemp seeds. But, for dinner, I had Gluten-Free Penne Pasta with Crisped Tofu Strips and Sauteed Shallots & Garlic. I threw in homemade Pesto Sauce. It turned out great! I probably should have had a salad with dinner, but at night, I need a little something heavy. That's why I called it a Semi-Cleanse. I don't know if I have it in me to do a full cleanse.

This morning I went on the scale for the first time in 2 days. I weighed 176! After doing the 30min walk, I took a shower. Before getting in the shower, I weighed myself again and it said 174! WTF??? I have no idea if it's my scale or what! I'll try again first thing in the morning and see what it says.

I hope to do this new routine every day for the remainder of the Vegan Month. I WANT to lose weight and feel good. I felt great today and didn't have my normal cup of coffee! Tomorrow may be another story!


Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment