Saturday, February 27, 2010

1 more day!

So..... I have one more day?? I kind of want some meat, but I'm not craving it. I think it will still be a while before I have some meat. And when I do, it won't be very much. My doctor told me yesterday that I should still have some lean animal protein every now and then. I plan on doing that, but I believe you really can go your entire life not ever having meat or dairy. I have been doing so much research on the Vegan subject and have come to the conclusion that Meat and dairy are the cause of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and various other illnesses. And can be a factor in cancer. Meat isn't sounding too great. We think we need meat and dairy because the meat and dairy industries have been telling us for a century that we have to have it. Most of the research done has been paid for by the meat and dairy industries. Makes me wonder. I've also been reading that a diet high in green veggies and brightly colored fruits is just as effective as a diet high in meat and dairy. It all just seems confusing. But, I guess as long as I keep everything in moderation and eat as healthy as possible and cut out the bad stuff, I should do just fine. I've already lost 5 pounds, evidence enough for me that eating nothing but fruits and veggies (and some whole grains & pastas) is good for you. My body is as energetic as when I was in high school. It's a great feeling!

So this morning I woke up to rain! Big shock. I really needed to get my exercise in, so I turned on the tv, went to my cable's OnDemand and turned on a 10 minute cardio workout. I'm now really trying to throw in more cardio with my walking and biking. And I then spent 2 hours scrubbing my kitchen and dining room. After a good lunch, I spent another hour scrubbing both bathrooms. I think I got my workout in for the day! Now I'm going to blow off all those calories I burned and have a 1/2 of a Vegan Chocolate Cupcake! It's Saturday night, and I'm splurging!! Only 1 more day!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment